Thursday, September 08, 2005

Please enter my humble shop...



The Story of HandMaid

As I have grown older, I have come to the realization that I am merely a handmaid for the creative energy of the universe, a midwife of sorts, if you will. My task is to allow this energy to flow through my hands and into others, which is why I am here at Soul Food. I have entered this community to pick up, set down, transform, share and absorb the creative energies of those who gather in the name of art.

It is my hope that by offering these items for your perusal, you will once again claim that spark within yourself. Make your purchases wisely or rashly, whatever takes your fancy. For when you buy something from me, you don’t buy the thing—you buy the dream. Please, step inside and look around. I’ll just be here in the back opening myself to the creative energy of the universe.


image by Michael Green

2 Comments:

At 3:57 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I am so glad that I am the first through the door to bless your establishment Karen. The philosophy matches my own and I will pop in regularly to drool over your stock.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

My goodness Karen. Your handmaiden on the header is simply spectacular. I love it. I love the concept, the philospophy. Brillian! And you have learned a new trick in setting it up here too. Bonus!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home